Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to offer you several ideas to consider as you plan your preaching calendar for 2021. Pastors are busy people. Sermon preparation is hard work. Preaching through COVID-19 is burdensome. The new year is a golden opportunity.
Effective preachers are good stewards of their limited time. One way to be a steward of your opportunities to prepare and preach is to have a sermon plan. It may be a few a month or the entire year. You may do it alone or with a team of others. By all means, establish a plan for planning your preaching.
As you plan your preaching calendar for 2021, here are several ideas to prayer consider…
- Christian Basics
- The Church
- Christian Hope
- A Book Series
- Multiple Genres
- New Territory
What themes are you consider preaching in 2021?
If you ask me how you may shorten your sermon, I should say, Study them better… We are generally the longest when we have the least to say.Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- PODCAST | Seven Reasons to Plan Your Preaching (#22)
- PODCAST | Tips for Planning Your Preaching (#23)
- PODCAST | What to Include in Your Preaching Plan (#97)
- ARTICLE | An Essential Part of Planning Your Preaching
- BOOK | On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- BOOK | Planning Your Preaching by Stephen Nelson Rummage
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.