I asked you to pray for the 2015 Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference. The Lord answered our prayers to richly bless the conference. Thank you.
This conference exists to train, promote, and model biblical preaching and teaching. We also want to serve those who serve the church. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. The Lord fulfilled our holy desires and brought to pass the deeds prompted by our faith. God did far more abundantly than all that we could ask or think!
Thank you to Joe Pace and Cameron Triggs for leading our Worship & Arts track and Youth Ministry Track.
Thank you to Nicole Clark, Marcellus Marsh, and Danita Matthews for serving as conference coordinators! You’re the best!
Thank you to all of our speakers who poured out themselves to equip and encourage our attendees.
Thank you to the Shiloh Church staff for leaving it all on the field! I love you and thank God for your partnership in the gospel.
Thank you to the Shiloh Church volunteers. More than 150 members signed up to serve our guests. This does not include the members who just showed up to help in various ways! Our goal was to so love on our guests that they would not want to go home. As always, you made it happen!
Thank you to our conference attendees who came from around the country to be a part of CIS. We even had several international guests. Thank you for trusting us! I hope and pray you go home with a new determination to cut it straight!
Thank you to our sponsors, vendors, and ministry partners who invested in this work so that we could share helpful resources. Here is a list of the resources we were able to GIVE AWAY to our conference attendees:
- The Difference Jesus Makes by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Secret Sex Wars edited by Robert Scott
- Preaching for God’s Glory by Alastair Begg
- Planning Your Preaching by Stephen Nelson Rummage
- Who is this King of Glory? by Tony Evans
- Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney
- Uneclipsing the Son by Rick Holland
- Nine Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever
- Looking Up When Life’s Got You Down by Maurice Watson
- Gather God’s People by Brian Croft & David Adkins
- Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin
- Church Planting Survival Guide | Midwestern Seminary
- From Performance to Praise by Joe Pace
- The Religion of Malcolm X vs. The Religion of Jesus Christ by Melvin V. Wade Sr.
- Everyday Evangelism by Matt Queen
- Everyday Apologetics by Travis Dickinson
- Expositor Magazine
- Leadership Journal
- Preaching Magazine
- Shiloh Church Music EP
- CD Sermon: H.B. Charles Sr.
- CD Sermon: Stephen F. Olford
- Eight Songs That Teach | Sovereign Grace Music
- A one-year subscription to the Florida Baptist Witness
CDs and DVDs of CIS sessions will be available soon.
The next Cutting It Straight Conference is scheduled for September 20-22, 2016. Hope to see you there!
The Most Important Commandment
And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this:‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions. – Mark 12:28-34 Armies win…