We are now one week away from the Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference 2016. It will take place September 20-22 at the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida, where I am privileged to serve.
You still have time to join us for Cutting It Straight. If possible, I hope you will attend. And bring members of your ministry team with you.
Whether or not you will be able to attend Cutting It Straight this year, I still have a request to make. Please pray for this conference. We have planned and prepared. But, of course, nothing we do will be spiritual-edifying, fruit-producing, or Christ-exalting without God’s gracious help. Please pray with us that the Lord’s blessings would be on this event. It happens after prayer!
- Pray for the final preparations that will take place this week leading up to the conference.
- Pray that this conference will carry out its vision to train, promote, and model biblical preaching and teaching.
- Pray for the Shiloh Church pastors and staff who will lead and oversee the conference.
- Pray that our guest speakers will speak the word of God faithfully and clearly (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Pray the Lord will be obviously present and actively in-charge of every service, session, and class.
- Pray for safe travel for all who will make their way to the conference for other cities.
- Pray that our attendees will come with great expectations, be equipped and encouraged during the meeting, and return home spiritual refreshed
- Pray for the Shiloh Church volunteers who will serve our attendees (1 Peter 4:10-11).
- Pray the Lord will be pleased to send a revival of biblical preaching, teaching, leadership, worship, and ministry in our time.
- Pray that God will get the all the glory for everything that takes place!
- Pray for me.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or thin, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. – Ephesians 3:20-21