I continued my new study of the Sermon on the Mount. I am presently through the Beatitudes of Jesus in Matthew 5:3-12. What a challenge it is to wrestle with the demands of Jesus. My soul is being stretched and my mind is being renewed. I pray the congregation of SMBC is being blessed by the study so far.
Here is the sermon skeleton from last night’s message:
Title: “Strength Through Meekness”
Text: Matthew 5:5
Series: The Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7)
Theme: The blessedness of meekness
Point: God blesses the person who lives with confidence that God is in control.
I. What is meekness?
– Meekness is not weakness.
– Meekness is power under control.
– Meekness is self-control rooted in confidence that God is in control.
II. What is the blessing of meekness?
– Jesus calls the meek blessed because of their inheritance.
– Jesus promises that the meek will inherit the earth.
* This is a promise for tomorrow
* This is a promise for today