Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. – 2 Timothy 2:15
This is one of my life verses. The goal of my life is to please God. And the goal of my ministry is to do my work well and to rightly handle the word of truth.
But I know I am not by myself in these goals. There is a growing tribe of preachers – young and old – who have a fresh determination and unwavering commitment to cut it straight when they preach and teach.
I want to invite you to join me for the first Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference.
What is Cutting It Straight all about?
Cutting It Straight is a 3-day event designed to train, model, and promote expository preaching that explains what the word of God means and exhorts the hearer to live out the teachings of our faith.
This conference will consist of expository preaching, lectures on Bible exposition, practical breakout sessions on both Bible exegesis and sermon construction, and stimulating panel discussions about preaching.
We are not trying to compete with any other conference. To the contrary, I think there are not enough conferences that promote Bible exposition. Cutting It Straight is a partner with the other conferences around the country that are working to promote faithful Bible exposition.
When will Cutting It Straight take place?
It’s Wednesday through Friday, September 24-26, 2014. All sessions will be held at the Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church, downtown Jacksonville, FL.
Who should attend Cutting It Straight?
We are intentional about placing “Expository Preaching” in the conference title. We unapologetically want this conference to be about Bible exposition. Nothing else. But you do not have to be a pastor with weekly preaching responsibilities to attend.
- Cutting It Straight is for anyone who wants to better understand or practice Bible exposition.
- Cutting It Straight is for the student of Bible exposition who wants to sharpen his skills.
- Cutting It Straight is for the seasoned preacher who wants to be challenged to keeping growing.
- Cutting it Straight is for the new preacher who is still trying to figure out what biblical preaching and teaching is all about.
- Cutting It Straight is for Sunday School teachers and small-group leaders.
- Cutting It Straight is for diligent Bible students who want to improve his or her personal Bible study.
- Cutting It Straight is for the Christian who wants to hear faithful preaching and teaching of the word of God.
Who will be speaking at Cutting It Straight?
I am excited about the speakers who are scheduled to be with us for Cutting It Straight!
- Ralph Douglas West – Founding pastor of The Church Without Walls, well-respected preacher, and sought-after preaching mentor.
- R. Albert Mohler, Jr. – President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, faithful advocate of Bible exposition, and leading evangelical voice.
- Romell Williams, Jr. – One of the finest young Bible expositors in the country and Pastor of the Lilydale Progressive Baptist Church.
- Karen Waddles – Pastor’s wife, book publisher, and conference speaker.
How can I get more information about Cutting It Straight?
For more information or to register for Cutting It Straight, go to www.cutstraight.org.
We have made this conference as affordable as possible. And we want you to leave with more than information. So expect to leave with books and other resources that will help you to cut it straight.
I hope to see you at Cutting It Straight!