Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, H.B. discusses why preaching matters. This may seem to be an obvious discussion, especially in a podcast dedicated to the subject of preaching. But the priority of preaching should not be assumed or neglected.
You will face times when preaching is “out of season” (2 Timothy 4:2), and the centrality of the preached word will be attacked. If you lose your why, you lose your way.
Why does preaching matter?
- the Bible commands preaching.
- Preaching honors divine authority.
- God saves through preaching.
- Preaching sanctifies God’s people.
- Preaching cultivates biblical thinking.
- Preaching anchors corporate worship.
- Preaching models Bible study.
- Preaching epitomizes spiritual leadership.
- Preaching fuels true revival.
- Preaching exalts Jesus Christ.
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Called to Preach by Steven J. Lawson
“Preachers must give great attention to the structure of a passage because the Spirit has inspired not only its content but also its contours. The shape of a passage reveals the point of a passage, and the point of the passage must control the point of our message.” – Jeff Wiesner