Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
Over the years, I have interviewed various preachers about their life and ministry. In most of these interviews, my final question is the same.
If you could get into a time-machine and go back to talk to your younger self, what advice would you give him?
In this episode, I turn the question on myself.
Here are seven pieces of preaching advice I would give to my younger self…
- Practice Spiritual Disciplines.
- Prioritize Formal Training.
- Pursue Godly Character.
- Read Formative Books.
- Record Study Notes.
- Write Sermon Manuscripts.
- Invite Constructive Feedback.
What preaching advice would you give to your younger self?
We must preach with clarity, courage, and conviction. We must be passionate, not passive; fervent, not fake; bold but. not brash. We are preachers, not performers.
R. Scott Pace
- BOOK | On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- BOOK | On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- BOOK | It Happens After Prayer by H.B. Charles Jr.
- BOOK | The Difference Jesus Makes by H.B. Charles Jr.
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, you can find H.B. on Twitter, FaceBook, or Instagram (@hbcharlesjr).