Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
We are in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. The general consensus is that social-distancing is essential to slowing down the spread of the Coronavirus. Most of us are in places where we have been ordered to do so.
Many churches have chosen to suspend everything during this period, which is understandable. Others have chosen to stream messages or record them to play online. This is what our congregation has done. It seems this will be the way it is for weeks to come.
What can you do to preach effectively online during this period?
- Forsake your preaching plan.
- PRepare fresh bread.
- Prioritize content over response.
- Preach familiar texts.
- Select smaller passages.
- Choose your words carefully.
- Do not be handcuffed to notes.
- Be authentic.
- Depend on the Holy Spirit.
What tips would you share about preaching online?
“Life and death and eternity and worlds unknown may hang on the preaching and hearing of one sermon.” – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- BOOK: On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- BOOK: Power in the Pulpit by Jerry Vines & Jim Shaddix
- BOOK: Christ-Centered Preaching by Bryan Chapell
- BOOK: From and Before God by Sugel Michelen
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.