Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better
When you study a text to preach or teach for the first time, you should do a good job and take good notes. You should read widely, record diligently, and reflect prayerfully on every text you study to preach.
I personally make a study file for each sermon text I study. In my study files, I keep the following documents…
- Scripture Document
- Context & Background
- Sermon Ideas
- Sermon Outlines
- Sermon Skeleton
- Application Grid
What study notes do you keep from your sermon preparation?
“The secret of preaching is not mastering certain techniques but being mastered by certain convictions.” – John R.W. Stott
- BOOK: On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- ARTICLE: Three Keys to Effective Sermon Preparation | H.B. Charles Jr.
- PODCAST: Using Bible Commentaries in Sermon Preparation (#073)
- BOOK: Panning Your Preaching by Stephen Nelson Rummage
- BOOK: Power in the Pulpit by Jerry Vines & Jim Shaddix
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.