Welcome to episode #030 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode of the podcast, we will discuss 11 ways I prepare to preach.
11 ways I prepare to preach……
- Read and reread the text
- Do observations
- Read translations
- Perform word studies
- Do cross references
- Study context and background
- Review commentaries
- Develop a sermon skeleton
- Write a sermon manuscript
- Prepare sermon notes
How do you prepare to preach? What helpful tips would you provide to other pastors preparing to preach?
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Power in the Pulpit by Jerry Vines & Jim Shaddix
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.