We have a corporate prayer meeting at the Shiloh Church that meets every Saturday before the 1st Sunday. It is a great time of supplication and intercession.
I often prepare a prayer guide for these meetings, so help guide our times of prayer.
Here is the prayer guide from last week:
• Pray for Haiti.
– Pray for President René Préval and the entire government of Haiti.
– Pray that the suffering and grieving people of Haiti will receive the aid they need.
– Pray for the salvation of the Haitian people who have not trusted Jesus as their Savior and Lord.
• Pray for President Obama and all who are in authority over us (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
• Pray for the salvation and discipleship of the children, youth, and young adults (Prov. 22:6).
• Pray that Christ would be exalted by the married couples of SMBC and for the health, maturity, and strength of their marriages.
• Pray that more members of SMBC would follow the example of Jesus by becoming active in serving one another and the world (Matt. 9:38).
• Pray for the ongoing growth, Christlikeness, and fruitfulness of Shiloh.
• Pray for our upcoming Sunday morning series on Christian discipleship: “Following Christ: What it Means to be a Disciple of Jesus.”
• Pray for the pastors of Shiloh that we would guard persevere in guarding our lifestyle and doctrine (1 Tim. 4:16).
• Pray that the Lord would help us to be more faithful stewards of the financial resources he entrusts to us (Luke 16:10-13).
The Most Important Commandment
And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this:‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions. – Mark 12:28-34 Armies win…