Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to give you ten principles for preaching the parables of Jesus in the Gospels.
How do preach a parable of Jesus?
- Understand the nature of parables.
- Study the context of the parable.
- Analyze the structure of the parable.
- Seek the main idea of the parable.
- Be careful of interpreting the parable allegorically.
- Let the parable speak for itself.
- Do not get lost in the details of the parable.
- Pay attention to the conclusion of the parable.
- Determine the category of the parable.
- Focus on Jesus in the parable.
- Do you preach the parables of Jesus often?
- What principles do you use to preach parables faithfully and clearly?
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Interpreting the Parables by Craig L. Blomberg
- The Parables of Jesus by Terry L. Johnson
- Parables by John F. MacArthur Jr.
He is no fool who believes the man who knows everything. – Jared C. Wilson
The Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference will take place September 19-21, 2019 at the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida. This conference is dedicated to training, promoting, and modeling biblical preaching and teaching. There will be tracks for preaching, Christian education, Pastors’ Wives, Women’s Ministries, and Worship and Arts. Register today!
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.