Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we will talk about preaching on giving.
Some preachers preach about giving every week, no matter the text. Others never preach about giving. Both are unhealthy extremes. To feed your congregation a healthy and well-balanced diet of the word, you must teach your people what scripture teaches about financial stewardship.
Here are seven tips for preaching on giving…
- Do not apologize for preaching on giving.
- Preach stewardship as discipleship.
- Preach on giving at set times.
- Don’t just preach on giving.
- Deal with the biblical text fairly.
- Avoid soft-prosperity theology.
- Preach the gospel as you preach on giving.
How do you preach on giving faithfully, clearly, and better?
- BOOK: On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- ARTICLE: Total-Life Stewardship | H.B. Charles Jr.
- PODCAST: Tips for Planning Your Preaching (#023)
- BOOK: The Money Challenge by Art Rainer
- BOOK: Saving Eutychus by Gary Millar & Phil Campbell
Stewardship is discipleship. Where there is no faithful stewardship, there is no sincere discipleship. – H.B. Charles Jr.
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.