Welcome to episode #38 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you to preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to talk to you about basic keys to effective sermon outlines.
Here are ten practical tips to help you be more effective in developing sermon outlines…
- Let the text shape the outline.
- Preach the text, not the outline.
- Support the main idea of the sermon.
- Practice unity in your outline.
- Keep it moving.
- The simpler the better.
- Maintain balance.
- Use sub-points carefully.
- Don’t overdue alliteration.
- Put application in the outline.
What do you think are the keys to effective sermon outlines?
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Preaching that Changes Lives by Mike Fabarez
- Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference | September 20-22, 2016 | Jacksonville, FL
- The SBTS Expositors’ Summit | October 25-27, 2016 | Louisville, KY
- The Shepherd’s Conference | February 28-March 3, 2017
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.