Welcome to episode #32 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to talk about seven ways to become a better preacher…
- Start early.
- Read repeatedly.
- Observe carefully
- Dig diligently.
- Read widely
- Write clearly.
- Pray fervently.
Are you growing in your preaching? What steps are you taking to intentionally develop as a preacher?
- Doctrine that Dances by Robert Smith Jr.
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- The National Conference on Preaching | May 17-19, 2016 | Washington D.C.
- E.K. Bailey Preaching Conference (July 11-14, 2016 | Dallas
- The Expositors Summit | October 25-27, 2016 | Louisville
- Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference | September 20-22, 2016 | Jacksonville
It is said that a famous writer once studied medicine and was good at dissecting corpses but did not care to work with living people. There are those who enjoy theology and dry doctrine and who care nothing for living experience. That makes a poor preacher! – Vance Havner
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.