This is episode #27 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we will discuss study tools for biblical preaching. For effective sermon preparation, you should schedule at time to study, select a place to study, and gather your tools for study. What tools do you need for biblical preaching?
Here are 14 categories of study tools you need for effective Bible study and sermon preparation…
- A Personal, Study Bible
- Bible Translations
- Study Bibles
- Context & Background
- Dictionary & Encyclopedias
- Bible Introductions
- Bible Doctrine
- Bible Software Programs
- Study Tools
- Bible Study Methods
What do you think? What categories of resources would you add? What books or tools under these categories would you recommend?
- Commentaries for Biblical Expositors by James Rosscup
- New Testament Commentary Survey by D.A. Carson
- Old Testament Commentary Survey by Tremper Longman
- Multipurpose Tools for Bible Study by Frederick W. Danker
- Tools for Preaching & Teaching the Bible by Steward Custer
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking the SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.