This is episode #026 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we talk about preaching without notes.
Here are 17 practical steps to take to preach without notes:
- Determine if preaching without notes is for you.
- Never sacrifice content for style.
- Effective sermon preparation is the key to preaching without notes.
- Preach biblical sermons.
- Start your sermon preparation early.
- Diligently study the sermon text.
- Build your sermon around one main idea.
- Have a clear sermon structure.
- Write a complete sermon manuscript.
- Talk through the message.
- Master your sermon material through word association.
- Memorize sections of the sermon for effective communication.
- Internalize the message.
- Preach the message, not the manuscript.
- Preach without notes, sort of.
- Cover the process of sermon preparation and delivery in prayer.
- JUST DO IT!
- Do you preach with or without notes?
- Why or why not?
- Was this podcast helpful to you?
- How to Preach with Notes by Charles W. Koller
- Preaching with Passion by Alex Montoya
- Power in the Pulpit: How to Prepare and Deliver Expository Sermons by Jerry Vines
- Preaching Without Notes by Joseph M. Webb
- On preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- The Expositors Summit 2015 | Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (October 27-29, 2015)
- Arkansas Baptist Pastors Conference | Hot Springs, Arkansas (November 2, 2015)
[Tweet “Never sacrifice content for style. “]