This is episode #12 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we will talk about the importance and practice of developing a sermon calendar for weekly preachers
Here are 5 reasons why you should develop a sermon calendar…
- Getting on top of your schedule.
- Shepherding the church.
- Maintaining doctrinal balance (Acts 20:26-27).
- Planning corporate worship.
- Making best use of your time.
Here are ways to develop a sermon calendar..
- Set the length of the plan.
- Determine your process.
- Start with prayer.
- Talk to your team.
- Work through the calendar.
So what do you think? Do you plan your preaching? Why or why not? How do you plan your preaching? What advice would you give for planning your preaching?
[Tweet “Planning is basic to effective preaching. – William C. Brownson Jr.”]
- Planning Your Preaching by Stephen Nelson Rummage
- Preaching with a Plan by Scott M. Gibson
- On preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- National Conference on Preaching (May 12-14, 2015)
- E.K. Bailey Preaching Conference (July 6-9, 2015)
- Cutting it Straight Preaching Conference (September 22-24, 2015)
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking the SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.