This is episode #004 of The On Preaching Conference, the podcast dedicating to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
This episode is about a practical theology for biblical preaching. To be a faithful preacher, you need to know where you stand and why.
What are the elements of a practical theology for biblical preaching?
- The Bible is the word of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- Preaching is not an option (Rom. 10:14-15; 2 Tim. 4:1-2; 1 Cor. 9:16).
- People need God.
- We are ministers of the new covenant (2 Cor. 3:5; 1 Cor. 1:23).
- People are sinners.
- Only God can cause our preaching to bear fruit (1 Cor. 3:6-8).
- The church is the hope of the world (Matt. 16:18; 1 Tim. 3:14-15).
- The preacher’s life must not be separated from the preacher’s work (Ezra 7:10; 1 Tim. 4:16)
- Preaching and prayer go together.
- The pulpit is the throne of the word of God.
QUESTIONS: What do you think? What is your theology of preaching? What do you think about this list? What would you add or take away from it? And why?
- You still time to register for the 2014 E.K. Bailey Preaching Conference in Dallas – July 7-10, 2014
- I hope to see you at the Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference in Jacksonville – September 24-26, 2014
- You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes. And please leave a review in iTunes to help get the word out about the podcast. Thanks a million!
- Between Two Worlds by John R.W. Stott
- Preaching With Purpose by Jay E. Adams
- Famine in the Land by Steven J. Lawson
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
A QUOTE ON PREACHING: “The best way to revive a church is to build a fire in the pulpit. – D.L. Moody
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, question to ask, or any feedback from what you have read or heard, leave a message for me int he comments section.
Thanks again for listening. Please tell a friend.